Dotmom has tagged me. This really was a simple one. After all, who does not like old wine in new bottles?
So the rules go thus :
Post 5 links to 5 of your previously written posts. The posts have to relate to the 5key words given : family, friend, yourself, your love, anything you like. Tag 5 other friends to do this meme. Try to tag at least 2 new acquaintances (if not, your current blog buddies will do) so that you get to know them each a little bit better.
Ready?
Family : While I pepper a few posts with random mentions of my immediate family, this by far has to be the all-encompassing one. Almost like a genealogical expedition. (I plan to adopt Dotmom's excerpt style for the same reasons, to give a glimpse of what the post entails. Readers of course are urged to indulge further.)
"Very early on, life consisted of being spoilt by ggmom, grandparents, ggmom's siblings and their spouses. A palatial ancestral home. Servants. Half-day school. Force-fed lunches. Small game with ggmom. Afternoon nap, sharing her bed. Milk and then playtime! And how."More here
Friend : My friends. That is my support system while I am away from my immediate family. I some times refer to them as my crutch(es). One post that does come to mind is this one...
"I believe I am a moderately materialistic person. While I dont splurge(too often!), if there is something that catches my fancy, I do try to indulge them. Agreed, I am still trying to cut corners and save for the macro lens(which I had posted about asking for contributions and as is evident, was fruitless) for my more-sacred-than-life camera. But I believe no one should pine for something that strongly for too long."More here.
Yourself : At least as blog posts are concerned, I believe the tags are the primary ego boosters anyone would need. With tags ranging from asking about one's likes/dislikes to quirks to goals for the next decade, there's not one tag that does not make one sit up and think about oneself. Hence it sure has to be one of them. I pick this...
"I am scared of needles(even at THIS age). There are many stories of me running down the streets of a popular bazaar in my hometown with the compounder close on my heels with syringes."More here.
Love : Even though she complains that I dont have too many good things to say about her, that I dont make as many posts about her as she thinks I should, I do believe there are quite a few posts that either directly or otherwise link to her. I am talking about one person, very close to my heart and that has got to be my kid sister. I've been meaning to do this for a while, and that is to pull up a list of posts related to her, to prove to her that she has been given due attention. I definitely wouldnt wish to use this tag for this purpose. But Seren, this line has a link to every post about you :-). For the tag, I offer this...
"She was Miss twinkle toes right from the day she was born, and it only aided her case by starting lessons early. By the time she was 5, she was her dance teacher's pet and had her first dance performance."More here.
Anything you like : For this, I'd like to dig up a post from 2006, the year I started blogging. When I did start blogging, I wanted to improve my writing skills, I really wanted to be writing fiction, a handful of photos here and there and maybe some movie/book reviews. Now 200+ posts and 2 years later I realise its actually turned into a personal journal of sorts, its a lot more interactive than I had ever imagined it to be...all in all its definitely a great place for me to hang out, opens up a world of reading possibilities that I never thought would be possible. So I offer this piece of fiction, for your reading pleasure.
"She comes across a clearing and right in the middle stands a small shed from whence she could hear the sounds of metal. Curious and eager, she tiptoes to the open door of the shed and peers. She sees a bare chested man working and welding inside. He was sweating profusely with his brows puckered and working feverishly on the piece of metal in his hands. She stands there watching him work with wonder in her eyes."More here.
And thus I am done. Now for the real challenge. And that is to find 5 people to pass the tag on to.
Here goes :
Scarlett(cos its time she be poked into action),
Gauri(who is a new acquaintance, a very entertaining one at that!)
Archana(another new acquaintance, always has a new spin on everything)
SK(you couldnt escape :-)
And....Deepthi.
Now THIS had to have been the hardest part :-).

8 mint(s) of wisdom:
Ahhh so teary eyed in the morning sniff sniff
WHEEZE
Nice tag and a very nice write up for each of them :)
So we shall drag our bedraggled unbrushed self out from the cot ,leap on you and give you a giant hug!
:)
nice gems altoid! loved everyone of them.. thanks for doing the tag!
Seren : I dont need to hear a whisper from you about being neglected! Thats an order :-)!
Dotmom : Thank you, I definitely enjoyed doing this tag. Like you said, you doesnt enjoy some narcissistic digging! And many thanks for all the comments.
that was a fun read.
This is going to be berry difficult to do :--D
And why the sudden love for seren, what do you want from her ;--D
I love 'while you were sleeping' and ofcourse cant take my eyes off Peter and somehow the movie is very soothing, has a gentle way. Somehow i have always caught it when it plays on TV. I saw it in your profile, btw :)
Bee! :) Good to see you here.
SK : Seren owes me a parcel :D
TAAMommy : Me too, can never get bored of that movie. Simple and clean.
Sorry for the delay, but I just don't seem to have enough time these days (wonder why? :-)))) :-D). Tag is finally complete :).
Post a Comment