...the pursuit of happiness.
4th of July weekend has come and gone. Here's what I have to show for it.
(No, this is not a trip report on beaches, tanning, seafood and resorts.)
* Watched some cool fireworks at a nearby field. Didnt have to go into the city for just this.
* Surprisingly, its been a cloudy weekend with scattered rains and thunderstorms.
* Long walks along the W&OD trail, each day with new additions to the ipod. Sightings of rabbits, robins, squirrels, canaries along the trail.
* Watched Hancock and Get Smart.
Hancock : There's been much talk about the twist in this movie and about movie twists in general here. I, for one, did enjoy the kick of this twist. This is one movie you just go, watch, enjoy the 2 hrs and not psycho-analyse. Will Smith and Charlize Theron are simply entertaining, not a lot of show.
Get Smart : Funny-yes. Drags for a bit. Could've been much shorter. But it was passable. I wouldnt expect raving reviews for this one.
* Watched the thrilling, exciting, well fought, well deserved Wimbledon Men's finals between Nadal and Federer. Having watched King Fed's finals many times, live- seeing the speed of his serves, his powerful masterstrokes, his superior game, his determination and style- it has always made me muse on who, if ever, could beat this phenomenon. And post-Sunday, I have to give it to Nadal. To have given the 5-time Wimbledon champion a remarkable fight and winning- is no lean feat. A superb entertainer, wish I could've been there and watched it in person. Ah well, maybe US Open this year.
* There's basil, lemongrass, cherry tomatoes and mint in the backyard, there's lilies in the frontyard. I am told hummingbirds love to flock around lilies. Yet to see one, would love to see one.
Life, Liberty and ...
Tuesday, July 08, 2008Posted by Altoid at 6:51 AM
Labels: Weekend mints
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 mint(s) of wisdom:
Sounds like a great 4th of July!:)
It rained here but stopped right before the fireworks,posted Videos too!:D), so we had fun with our own Patakis and big one at the lake!:)
After watching and wasting my money on "The Legend", will see Will Smith's movie again! Saw "wanted" with kids, excellent movie if you like action non-stop!:D
You've watched Fed LIVE?!!! Whoa! I am *so* jealous!:D Absolutely amazing match, and a very well deserved win for Nadal. Love the guy's attitude, though I am not a fan. Was desperately hoping for a dream win for Fed on the lines of Sampras's 2000 win over Rafter, but that wasn't to be:(
ahh, see Hancock was nice!
so so jealous of all your walks *sigh. :|
perfect 4th of july! the lily looks gorgeous. do post pics of your garden!
Seems like a relaxed 4th of July weekend :) And that lily looks absolutely gorgeous :) and when you so see that hummingbird, please do justice to your camera, will ya ?
That's the closest I'll get to see a hummingbird - atleast in the near future !!
Post a Comment