Of dozing neighbors and surprise run-ins

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Leg1 : US to some city in EU
- Insisting on window seats can be a boon and a bane, both at the same time. On this leg, neighbor 1 was a well-endowed rough-elbowed woman whose elbows stuck into my chest ever so often thus rendering a 7 hr trip filled with pokes. Books, music or the movie was of no help.
- Made it with almost no sleep but a full stomach, since I hadn't eaten all day.

Leg 2 : Some city in EU to Desh
- Window seat again. But this time, a very drowsy girl was bestowed as neighbor. Right from the time she got into the seat(which was 30 mins before takeoff) to the time she had no option but to disembark, she had the lucky feature of shut eye. Made me feel like a jerk having to wake her up every time I wanted to stretch my legs. Which I prefer to do often, my legs get real restless real soon. Sometimes makes me want to choose for an aisle seat, but then I hate being poked around by the drinks and food carts that keep making their rounds every few hours.

Freak coincidence?

Run-in with the Orchid family at Frankfurt airport. Met Uj, Orchid and of course little A. A is a delight! Orchid is oh well, Orchid! It was very nice having a fellow blogger on the same flight. Gave me a reason to walk up and chat.

New development
New airport in Bangalore. What can I say? Its new, it "looks" fancy, its big. But landing at odd hours in the night, taking the Volvo buses into the city(which takes about 45 mins to an hour at off-peak hours, not sure just how long it might take during the day), getting off at the designated locations, fending for transport from these points to get home....at 2am in the morning. I tell ya! Domestic travel, me thinks, just got overly complicated. I cant imagine taking 1.5 hrs by Volvo to get to the airport on weekdays, in peak hour traffic to fly the 45 min trip to Chennai. Probably a better idea to take Shatabdi...I don't know if this new airport really helps for all its hype. Gotta wait and watch how it all pans out.

Thats it for now.

3 mint(s) of wisdom:

Anonymous said...

hey missy -- glad you made it home safe -- trust you to have some adventure along the way. Hope to catch up with you soon.

rads said...

Ok, I feel a little stupid coz you did tell me but I really didn't think it was this wkend. :(

You take care girl and hehe, usually folks meet celebrities on flights, now we are moving to meeting blogebrities too eh? Nice! :)

Anonymous said...

I am one of those lucky ones that can dose off in a moving vehicle :)
Co-incidentally met Orchid? Have you'll seen each other before, how did you recognize?
Am yet to see the new Bangalore airport. Is must be better than the previous one though.