Chai and chitchat-ii

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Over some date cake and chai, time for some gupshup.

* Last in the series of spring flowers from my garden are these irises.

* # of books in the reading cart, waiting to be indulged in = 5

* After a long spell of wet weather(the plants almost groaned and complained about rotting), the temperatures have risen, the sun is out and looks like summer is about ready to officially break out.

* Got to restart my diet and exercise regimen. With a lot of other commitments and priorities, this has been pathetically set aside on the back burner. That only means the layers of fat are all back to haunt me.

* Voice of reason horoscope of the month :

Taurus - Paying-off troublemakers, especially, but not exclusively, blackmailers threatening to go to the press with grainy pictures, is prominent in your charts, however the solution doesn't appear until well into May so is outside the scope of this month-long reading. Best advice is to make it all up as you go along and read next month's predictions when we get round to writing them. Dogs will provide moments of egg-balancing-on-nose gravity-defying levity during the month.
You feel that you are going nowhere in life. You are probably right. Milwaukee is full of Taureans. They make little dioramas of their homes, complete with tiny effigies of the people they know, and act out scenarios of the way things would be if they were God.

* SK, a long time ago, gave me this award, my first in blogdom. The reason I have taken this long to accept it is not denial. I couldnt figure out how these awards work . It appears to be like tags, which kinda defeats the purpose imo. But heck, who am I to contest the rules that have been set forth in this hallowed blog world where I am but a newbie. So, here it is, my brag badge of honor. I will update this post once I decide to pass this along to someone worthy :D. Till then, its ALL mine! It sure feels nice. And thank you SK for thinking about me, much appreciated.

Here is what the award is for.

“Nice Matters Award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world.”

4 mint(s) of wisdom:

SK said...

Finally someone accepted my award :--D


'someone worthy'?! haha expect brickbats from some of your readers.

Savani said...

congrats! and you are a nice person in real life too. uber nice!

By Deepa and Supriya said...

can i have some chai please..no really, we have a weeknight guest and it's almost 8:00pm and the guy is stuck in traffic at the other end of town..so if I have to stay up then I need some chai asap..and while you are at it pass that date cake as well!
don't worry abt me..got the nice award too :)....but before that person changes their mind i better brag about it
wonder if k is for nice?? what say?

Anonymous said...

Did I just mention I was gonna have a cuppa chai?
**blackmailers threatening to go to the press with grainy pictures** Not me!!