Companionable silence

Thursday, April 10, 2008

The poet doesn't invent. He listens. ~Jean Cocteau

And I got to witness this live. My dear friend Durga, since the time she set her eyes on this picture I captured recently, has said that it talks to her. So one fine day she sat down and listened. And she tells me this is what the picture said to her......and all I have to say in response is that I am touched and honored. If my freeze frame can produce such masterpieces, I am inspired enough to forge along. Thank you Durga and keep them coming.


7 mint(s) of wisdom:

Serendipity said...

:) very beautiful durga :) even though I didn't understand some parts .. it sounds so beautiful and warm :)

SK said...

Very nice!
Although Altoid, you can try to wrie it in Hindi font, it will be easy to read.

Sara said...

OMG, I kept thinking you'll put it on KKP.. but you put it on emo.. this is such an honor..

Thank you..

As far as the poem is concerned, I know the picture deserves a better one..

Savani said...

what a beautiful photo Altoid. its perfect and the poem is amazing. I think the picture and the poem together are just - good companions.

Altoid said...

Seren- :)
SK- Never thought of that, will try it for sure!
Durga- Hm, no I should be the one thanking you!
Dotmom- Interesting take, never looked at it that way....

Gauri said...

The pictures had me absolutely drawn and totally overwhelmed (in a very nice sense). Even now, when I look at the pictures, they leave me speechless.

And now the poem - What can I say Altoid ?
Putting things very mildly - it just took my breath away and left me rather misty eyed.

The word "Beautiful" does not even begin to do justice to both - the picture and the poem.

Anonymous said...

it is a beautiful one.