Expecting the unexpected

Saturday, June 16, 2007

After a string of hectic weekends packed with "relocation" (replacement word for whats been banned for a few months!), this past week/end has been a welcome change. Even though the ugly word "unpacking" reared its head many times, for most part the days were filled with normalcy like getting back into a gym schedule, checking out a movie at the theatres, picking luscious strawberries at a nearby farm, hayrides, picnics and the ARR concert that will probably be a fitting ending to the whole package deal. True- normal is boring most times, but some times its just like slipping into an old comfort dress- soothing, relaxing, just what the mind and the body begs for!

Yes, summer in Virginia is here, here to stay for the next quarter of the year- which means its time to bring on the strawberry smoothies, the icecreams, the desh ka lassi and who can miss out on the many dips in the swimming pool? There were some odd strawberries that caught the eye and the lens this weekend at the strawberry picking picnic.

Gyaan for the weekend : When a majority is odd, then the odds are even :).

Recently I came across some of the "life's lessons" tidbits on TLC - common, everyday lessons that are depicted as figurines- one that caught my interest says "Just because you can be connected 24/7, doesnt mean you should be" . The message I got from it was about my internet addiction, though the figurine depicted a situation quite different from what I understood it to mean. Only goes to show that messages make relevant sense to the reader, not necessarily the same message the creator intended to convey. Alright, too much deep thought for a weekend, I know!

There is also a section listed to create one's own life's lesson. Which reminded me of the one lesson I learnt through practical examples, not necessarily through the moral science lessons in school. Any item or purchase made through a hard day's worth of labor, or many years of toil can never be lost or stolen. There have been many times that I have lost some of my possessions but have always come back to me intact, which even includes wallets, cash, train passes - the list is endless. Yes, if its something I have worked hard to gain, I never lose.

Hm, got to think of creative and humorous ways to say that in a figurine....what say?


2 mint(s) of wisdom:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that last thought. My mom says that all the time, and it is indeed very true -- my submission for this is "Hard-earned money is also hard to lose"

Altoid said...

Welcome back NN and hoping/assuming sharpie is going to be very active in the next few days?