"The Spanish Gardener" by AJ Cronin
- I am surprised the wiki has nothing to say about this masterpiece by AJC. I happened to buy this as a used book recently for a re-read.
I still remember being 15 and crying buckets of tears over this book. The narrative is excellent and crisp, the emotions are wonderfully conveyed and the setting is simple and realistic. I cant say more except that reading the book is such a fantasy ride akin to those roller-coasters in a theme park. With good writing, the scenes and characters come to life in a bygone era and with varied emotions and psyches.
One of my projects is to try to re-create the "Two sister, on a terrace" oil painting by Renoir in watercolor. Its my sister's favorite paintings and I have a soft corner for it myself. No, we(sisters) are not even this close to being as pretty as those two girls in the painting, but the minute we sighted this painting, we instantly related it to us. That was my highlight of visiting the Art museum at Chicago.
-The End
Reviews and rehashes
Wednesday, February 07, 2007Posted by Altoid at 11:08 AM
Labels: Bookmarks, Everything in between
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 mint(s) of wisdom:
Post a Comment