Of this and that

Wednesday, April 05, 2006



Weather here in Northern VA is looking up these days. I've been waiting for these warm days for a month now. I get tired of winters and jackets and socks and shoes very easily. This place isnt as bad as the rest of the North-east for sure. I still do enjoy the east coast- I love the change of seasons. I have such a short attention span, that I get bored easily. The seasonal changes definitely are welcome.

I am still in the process of porting my blogs off of another site over here. The "Curiously strong" series is all imported, I wrote them a long time ago and just never revisited them and/or blogged since then.

Ships.........

I've always been fascinated with ships and sailboats. Nothing gives me greater pleasure than standing by the shore and watching ships and sailboats sail through. Gives me the feeling of travelling towards the unknown. I've never been on a ship leave alone a cruise ship. Its still one of my many things-to-do in my lifetime. Until then I can only dream and imagine what it would feel. I love the unknown. Gives me the liberty to imagine my own version of what could happen. I have always liked to read books about pirates and pirate ships and surprisingly mafia stories. Ah well, some day maybe I will get to travel on one. Who knows- I might get sea-sick and nauseated.



Once in the dream of a night I stood
Lone in the light of a magical wood,
Soul-deep in visions that poppy-like sprang;
And spirits of Truth were the birds that sang,
And spirits of Love were the stars that glowed,
And spirits of Peace were the streams that flowed
In that magical wood in the land of sleep.

-Sarojini Naidu

0 mint(s) of wisdom: